WEEK4_ Create Sleep Cabin

This week I will continue to create sleep cabin model.

Create the basic model of the bed in the sleep Cabin:

Create decorative model of the wall of the sleeping cabin:

Select the cylindrical model after selecting the wall model. Under the [Mesh] panel, select the square to the right of [Difference] in [Booleans]. In [Open Surface Settings], set the [Intersection Classification] value to [Normal]. At this time, select [Apply and Close]. This phase removes the overlapping model’s effect from the wall model, resulting in depression in the wall.

Using the same technique, create a second wall recess and tidy up the line layout.

Add details to the trim and change the line layout of the wall model on the left side of the sleeping area.

Use [Ctrl + G] to form a group and [Ctrl + Shift + D] to copy the right wall model after selecting the left wall model. Make some alterations to the decor.

In the sleep pod, I’m making some decorations for the ceiling. I love utilizing the [Booleans] function in [Mesh], and I can make a lot of unique decorations by combining different [Booleans] properties. I created a modest exhaust fan, for example.

The next step is to add the details to the sleep pod’s exterior border: (This means creating a number of the different cube, then using [Extrude] and [Booleans] to edit the shapes, and finally adjusting some Vertex and Edge.)

Window installation for the sleeping cabin:

Making the TV and wall stickers entails the following steps: ( I like the attention to detail that Yufei has put into the decorations; it gives the area a more genuine feel. It allows me to picture our characters living in this location.)

Stretch the model after [Extrude] with a column to make the pipes next to the sleeping chamber. Using [Union] in [Booleans], some of the overlapping pipes are overlapped. A circle and a Cube were used to make the brackets that keep the pipes in place.

Create bed, pillow, quilt:

The sleep cabin model currently created:

After I spoke to Crystal, she felt that the base model of the sleeping cabin was usable. So I will start working on the study room model after a few more simple modifications to my model.

Yes, I have a critical task. My scene models need to be renamed. (Please make it a practice to name your models as you make them.) At present, the titles of these models are extremely perplexing.

After selecting all models in [Edit], I need to pick [Delete by Type] and then [History] before renaming (so that the history of changes to the model will all be deleted). Otherwise, the model’s data from prior edits will be lost. Then, in [Modify], choose [Freeze Transformations] (to freeze the model’s data transformations and zero out the model’s values). Then, to reset the model’s center of gravity, select [Center Pivot]. These will be quite beneficial in the subsequent production.Select all the models in [Outline] with [Shift], then [Hierarchy] in [Select]. In this manner, I can ensure that all of the models in the group are chosen.

I’ve finally renamed these models! I’ll make sure to modify the file names in advance next time.

This week’s summary:

I’ve discovered that using [Booleans] in model construction produces a variety of intriguing results. This week, I finished building a sleeping pod model. I initially felt overwhelmed by the amount of detail in the model and didn’t know where to begin, but as I worked on it, I realized that by refining the base model and then adding additional detail, I could build the model I desired. This time, I was reminded to ensure that the model’s name was changed during the creation process. Changing the names after the models have been produced will add to my workload.

Speaking with the group about the creation’s details this week has given me a lot of ideas. Because this is my first time designing a cyberpunk setting, I keep telling Crystal about my progress. Fortunately, so far, my model creation has gone smoothly.

This entry was posted in Advanced and Experimental 3D Computer Animation. Bookmark the permalink.