WEEK1_Personal Project Preparation

Personal project:

As part of my personal project, I’d like to research my final graduation project. I want to refine the script and character design with my project before creating bubble or glass characters and scenes for the final animation. Simultaneously, I’d like to experiment with character modeling and rigging, as well as composite test lighting for individual scene models. I also wanted to test the three-dimensional rendering of the animation’s two-dimensional effect for the final rendering.

This is the first draft of the script I designed (similar to the initial inspiration, and I will continue to refine the plot):

There are two communities in town: one is a colorless community, and another is a colorful community. People in the colorless community are unconcerned about helping others. They are only concerned with themselves. Our protagonist carries a suitcase and moves into this town.

The protagonist appears serious in a black and white formal gown, but she is kind-hearted and frequently assists others. The protagonist has already imagined her life in the colorless community when she arrives at the house allocation center. However, the staff gave her the wrong form and assigned the protagonist to the colorful community. Then some amusing little stories occur.

The staff came to the door to inform the protagonist that she has entered the wrong house. The protagonist has been reassigned to the colorless community. The protagonist realizes that she begins to miss her colorful life despite being a serious person. After a few more vignettes, the protagonist achieves a balance between black and white and colorful life.

Reason for research: Because I didn’t find much more information about using three-dimensional rendering of the two-dimensional effect of the bubble-type character and scene animation on the internet. Therefore I thought this might be an exploration for me to research more skills.

Some images of scenes with bubbles that I found:

Similar types of character design :

[The first version of the script]

The film’s audience:

Teenagers

Characterization:

The female protagonist is a working beat worker who looks very serious and wears a black and white suit. Age is around 20 years old.

The main character is dressed in a black and white suit and carries a suitcase to move into the town. As she walks up to the sign for the city, she notices that the town is half colored and half black, white and grey buildings. When she opens the envelope containing her keys in her hand, she discovers that her keys are colored. The protagonist looks at the black and white building and frowns as she walks towards the colored half of the town. The moment she walks into her room, she realizes that her room is full of colored furniture. The protagonist immediately called a moving company to come over. She is replacing all the furniture with black and white. The protagonist nodded with satisfaction as she sat in her chair. And placed black and grey sweets on a beautiful tray on the table.

As the protagonist was leaving the house, he accidentally dropped his folder on the floor. A young boy helped the protagonist pick up the folder. To show his gratitude, the protagonist gives the boy a handful of black and white sweets. When the protagonist returns home in the evening, he runs into the little boy again. The boy’s school bag had a hole in the bottom, and his books had spilled onto the floor. When the boy saw the protagonist, he greeted him excitedly. The protagonist walks over to the boy and helps him pick up his bag. The boy and the protagonist look around when they return to their black and white home. The protagonist sews the school bag (it has a black and white thread on it.) The little boy bows with his bag on his back to thank him and leaves the protagonist a jar of rainbow-colored sweets. The protagonist bears the colored sweets next to the black and white sweets. The colored candies are mapped out in a colored light in the grey room at night under the light.

When the protagonist returns home, he finds a grandmother pushing a cart full of items next to the stairs. The protagonist helps the grandmother to push the trolley up the lift and delivers it to her house. The grandmother gives the protagonist a pot of colorful flowers. When the protagonist gets home, he puts the flowers on the bedside table. The clock on the wall turns (indicating the passage of time), and the protagonist’s house is now full of colorful objects.

The protagonist receives an envelope with a black and white key. The protagonist packs his bags and then looks reluctantly at the colorful room. The protagonist pulls his suitcase into the empty black and white room. The protagonist looks around and remembers his colored room. The protagonist summoned the movers to replace all of the furnishings with the same color scheme as the previous room. The protagonist nodded with satisfaction as he sat in his chair. And I piled colorful goodies on the table’s attractive tray.

This week’s summary:

I’m still undecided on whether I want to make a bubble or glass structure. I figured some teacher advice would help me find some inspiration. I’ve been fascinated by rendering lighting and materials since writing an article on lighting in 3D animated films in Term 1. This personal project could also serve as a warm-up for my FMP project.

This entry was posted in Advanced and Experimental 3D Computer Animation. Bookmark the permalink.