WEEK2_Refining The Script Writing

This week I will be refining my script design.

After talking to Luke, he suggested that I try to cut out some unnecessary storylines. For example, the old grandmother’s story. This might help me to reduce my workload a lot. I think this advice was very helpful to me. This way, I can reduce some of the model creation and character animation. The main thing I wanted to do with this project was to show the effects of the lighting.

KK also gave me some suggestions:

After some discussion with KK, I found that I was more interested in creating a stained glass-like material to create the scene than a bubble material. Although the main thing I wanted to showcase in my project was the lighting, I could use a montage editing technique to minimize the number of tasks outside of lighting production if I wanted to maintain the story’s integrity. This idea has inspired me. Perhaps I could add storyboards to my stories to show the whole story in a minimum of shots.

I have revised the script again and this time it looks and feels much better.

The film’s audience:

Teenagers

Characterization :

The female protagonist is a working beat worker who looks very serious and wears a black and white suit. Age is around 20 years old.

The heroine is dressed in a black and white suit and carries a suitcase to move into the town. As she walks under the sign for the city, she notices that the town is half colored and half black and white and grey buildings. With her bags in hand, the heroine approaches the black and white structure and removes an envelope from her clothing. She discovers that her keys are colored as she opens the packet containing them in her palm. The heroine looks at the black and white building with a frown on her face and walks towards the colored section of town.

After the heroine enters the colored building, she finds her room is full of colored furniture. Dressed in a black and white suit, very incongruous in the colored rooms, the heroine took one look at the colored building and immediately rushed out of the house. The heroine calls the movers outside the building to come over [the movers only need to be in the picture with the car and outdoor scene, a car driving from right to left]. When the movers have left, all the furniture has now been changed to black and white. The lady sits in her chair and nods in satisfaction. And she puts black and grey sweets on a pretty tray on the table.

The next day the heroine frowned as she went out and accidentally dropped her folder on the floor. A young boy in a colorful costume helped the heroine pick up her folder. The heroine frowns and looks down at the little boy and tries to smile. The heroine gives the little boy a handful of black and white sweets as a token of her appreciation. When the heroine returns home in the evening, she runs into the little boy again. The little boy had a hole in the bottom of his school bag and his books had fallen on the floor. When the boy saw the lady, he greeted her excitedly. The heroine sighed and walked over to help the boy pick up his bag. When the boy and the heroine returned to their black and white home, the boy looked around at the heroine’s room. The heroine sews the colorful school bag (which has a black and white thread on it.) The little boy bows with the book bag on his back to express his gratitude and leaves a jar of rainbow-colored sweets for the main character. The heroine places the colored sweets next to the black and white sweets. The colored sweets are mapped out in a colored light in the grey room at night in the lamp’s light.

Many days later, the heroine would already be smiling and greeting the little boys on the roadside. When she is at home, she also regularly admires the rainbow-colored sweets and decorates her room with small colorful ornaments. However, the heroine received an envelope with a black and white key. The heroine looks at the black and white key in her hand and then at the colored key next to the colored sweets. The heroine packed her bags, and when she left the house, she still looked at the colored room with reluctance. [At this point, the door slowly closes, and she looks out of the room at the heroine in her black and white suit, her countenance turning from a grin to an unhappy frown] The heroine pulls her bag and moves inside the vacant black and white room. She looks around the black and white room [this layout is the same as the colored room but without the decorations], some colored decorations are flashing for a few seconds [this is the heroine’s illusion, she is starting to miss her once colored room].

The heroine waited from day tonight. The room was only black and white candy. The heroine looked at the colorless light and stared in awe. Then, a colored candy fell from the suit the heroine had hung on the wall, and the heroine watched the colored candy glow brightly. At that moment, the black and white room was filled with colored light. The heroine’s expression changes from lost to happy, and she immediately takes out her mobile phone and calls the movers to come over [the movers only need to appear in the scene with the car and the outdoor scene, a car drives from the right side to the left side]. The movers came and changed all the furniture to the same color as the previously colored room. The protagonist sits in the chair and nods in satisfaction. And filled the ornamental dish on the table with colored candies [a colored light radiated throughout the room].

Summary of this week:

This week, the script was perfected and the process of creating the story was pleasant. After discussing with KK this week, I will make the lighting effect of the colored glass in Maya. Keep going! Next week, I will prepare to draw character drawings and a storyboard.

This entry was posted in Advanced and Experimental 3D Computer Animation. Bookmark the permalink.